Saturday 31 March 2012

The Vow (2012)



The Vow (2012) Review







Director: Michael Sucsy

"The vow" is another chick flick that might not has the ending we all have waited for. The main characters Paige and Leo are played by our loved romantic films actors Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum. The storyline is divided into 3 parts - before the accident, the day of accident and after the accident. Yes, car crash and its created consequences played a major role in the film.

Paige, a successful artist, and Leo, a self-founded record company's manager, are happily married when suddenly happens the worst. After the car accident Leo emerges unharmed but Paige.... doesn't remember anything that happened during the last 3 or even 4 years (that means she also doesn't remember that she is married.) . Now Leo has to make his wife to fall in love with him again. 

The road to Paige's heart is very long. I can understand her however I never want to know how does the lose of memory feels like. Waking up and finding out you are married to a stranger and know nothing about your current life is a big deal. But I was more sorry for Leo. He was even more hurt because he knew the truth. How would you feel if one day your wife/husband or girlfriend/boyfriend remembers only the time before she/he met you?

I have to admit that I cried a little bit and that's huge for me because I've never cried while watching Titanic or The Notebook. I am emotional but the plot has to be really sad in order to make me cry. I was also amazed by Channing. He's not so poor actor as I firstly thought he was. (Despite that, in my opinion, he's still part of the middle class of acting.)

This story was inspired by true events. The "real life" Paige never regained her memory. You have to watch the film to find out how she spent the rest of her life. One thing now I know for sure - nothing can cause bigger pain than losing someone you truly love.

All in all, I waited from "The vow"  so much more, I was kinda disappointed of how the story was going. And, as far as I know, I'm not the only one. You can watch this film but don't wait anything creditable. I actually don't understand why it was released just before the Valentines day because it's more sad than joyous, however "happily ever after" did happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment