Thursday 15 March 2012

Angel (2007)








Director: François Ozon

Angel Deverell always knew that the only work that was suitable for her was writing. Even if she was poor, she would never do a service or work for others. That wasn't acceptable! Angel knew what she is capable of and the value of her work. 

Due to her persistence and determination Angel achieved her goal - she became a famous and loved by the people writer. Of course when you become famed, you need to be aware in choosing your friends. You never know who is really there for you and who - just lies to get the favor. 

Angel was wise and chose her beloved ones very carefully. But she, just as we all, failed. The only person who really loved her and stood by her side was Nora. Her brother Esmé fooled Angel very well. He only wanted her money although he was just as proud as his wife and tried to show everybody that he's become a real man. Angel's fame came as fast as her fall. Her novels, once so eccentric and unique, now were unreadable and needless (During the WW 1). 

I must highlight Romola Garai for  such an amazing acting. I really believed her character. I was so sorry for Angel (Her tragic fate). She achieved everything she always wanted and then after some time it was all useless. 

I loved the story (I love historical novels). It drag me into and I actually thought that Angel Deverell really lived in the beginning of the 20th century. (Later I found out that she's just a fictional character. The book was written by Elizabeth Taylor.). However some part of the film made me laugh. In my opinion you have to be really dumb to believe that, for example, the scenery of Egypt wasn't just a video playing behind their backs. Director could have worked better.

I would highly recommend watching "Angel" everyone who loves historical stories, romance but also for those who think they can't achieve what they desire. This film taught me that nothing is impossible. You just have to believe in yourself. Of course it also takes a lot of hard work and dedication. But when you reach your goal, you will be very satisfied. 

They say:"No pain, no gain."

No comments:

Post a Comment