Sunday 11 March 2012

Pride and Prejudice (2005)



Pride and Prejudice (2005) Review








Director : Joe Wright

Before watching this film I had some kind of an advantage  because I had read the novel by Jane Austin previously. However you never know what the producers choose to keep and what - to throw aside.

For now I have watched "Pride and prejudice" 2 times and I still can't say that it's enough. It's one those films you  would never be fed up with. Just the beauty of the nature and the atmosphere of the 19th century made me fall in love with it. Director is really a master in finding the right place and time. (For example, one of the last scenes where Elizabeth meets Mr. Darcy in the morning. Rising sun, mist, everything...Pure beauty.)

I'm one of those people who are hopeless romantics. I simply love happy endings. And this film was not an exception. Despite various obstacles, their pride and stubbornness Lizzy and Mr. Darcy eventually found their way back to each other. Although I waited for it to happen much sooner. How could Elizabeth not see that Darcy had affection to her since the day they first met? He just didn't want to admit it because how could he love someone who is beneath his class? Lizzy was just as obstinate as Darcy and denied her feelings too. Her reason - wrong first impression and others opinions. (This kind of reminded me of Gone with the wind, just not so passionate version).

Oh and let's not forget Mr. Collins. He wanted someone to love him too, although he was such a joke. In my opinion, he was more suitable for Mary. They both were socially awkward and with similar view of life. They were meant for each other but no one saw that. Sad...

I was a little bit disappointed that film didn't end with a loving kiss. There wasn't any kissing at all. I guess this film is one of few that doesn't involve it. (Weird, huh?)

Despite that, "Pride and prejudice" time and time again shows me that every girl needs her own Mr. Darcy, someone who would move mountains if he had to, would love her for being who she is. So... Who needs prince if you have Mr. Darcy?

No comments:

Post a Comment